The Young Lives Foundation (YLF) is an independent children’s charity established in 2007. We are dedicated to delivering quality services tailored to ensure we achieve effective outcomes in the lives of vulnerable and disadvantaged children and young people.
Demand for our services continues to increase and our trained team of staff and dedicated volunteers, work hard to ‘make a difference’ to as many children and vulnerable people in need as possible across our region.
“Words can’t express the gratitude I feel when I think about what you have done for me and the difference it has made to my life. You were there when I wanted to talk about my problems and I felt I was treated like an individual. I could open up and you would listen without judgement. Thanks.”
Sharna | young person
What We Do
- Support young people through times of difficulty and distress
- Enabling their voices to be heard
- Assisting them to achieve their potential
Who We Support
- Looked after children / care leavers
- Children on the edge of care / children in need
- Young offenders / at risk of offending
- NEET young people / young people disengaged in education
- Families in need of support / young parent
- Vulnerable adults
- Unaccompanied asylum-seeking children
- Children who have been adopted
How We Do It
Our Mission is to be alongside children and young people in need in ways that:
- affirm their identity and worth
- champion their rights, needs and interests
- promote their well-being and development
Our Vision is that every young person in need shall have access to the resources and opportunities needed for them to achieve their potential and lead fulfilled lives.
The Young Lives Foundation is committed to the safeguarding and well-being of children and vulnerable adults both in society as a whole and in our own operations and activities.
Read the YLF Child & Adult Protection Policy here