The MCYPC represent ALL looked after children
We work as a team to make a big difference. From permission forms for school trips to making sure you have funding to start your move into independence, we listen to the young people of Medway and make sure you are heard.
- Ensure that you have a voice
- Influence and improve services we receive
- Meet face to face with the decision makers at Medway Council
- Interview senior managers of Medway Council
- Help to deliver training to social care professionals
- Have fun team building activities throughout the year like go-karting
MEDWAY’S LAC STRATEGY
The Medway’s Children and Young People Council (MCYPC) continue to support Medway’s LAC strategy. Our main objectives are:
- Additional and ongoing support for parents/families when children remain living or return to living with them.
- A commitment to young people being kept in the same school to reduce disruption to their education.
- Help young people access social and leisure opportunities and to ensure these are affordable.
- Standard of social workers must improve and they must be motivated and trained to an acceptable standard.
- There must be a certain standard that social workers are measured against and young people should be involved in spot checks and appraisals.
The MCYPC are committed to monitoring the progress of this strategy and are keen to be proactively involved in future opportunities to do so.
Find out more about: