YLF Positive Activities Programmes provide a fun, supportive and safe setting for young people to engage in new, exciting opportunities and experiences.
Our Positive Activities Programme provide groups and activities for disadvantaged young people around Kent, meeting at various times and locations.
The programmes are made up of:
Weekly and fortnightly regular groups
Overnight experiences and camping weekends
Day trips and seasonal trips
Educational opportunities including ASDAN and Arts awards
Our young people contribute to the design and planning of the programme, enabling them to develop life skills too.
The programme aims to reduce isolation and stop anti-social behaviour within the community. Young people who engage in the positive activities programmes have the opportunity to:
Have new experiences
Take part in educational opportunities
Learn new skills
Make new friends
Build confidence and self esteem
Our Groups And Hubs
Our Medway groups are designed for young people under the care of Medway Council.
- for young people aged 7-10 years old
- activities held in the school holidays
- activities include theme parks, bowling, trampolining and more
- for young people aged 11-15 years old
- every Thursday in term time from 6-8pm
- activities include outdoor games, tobogganing or movie nights
- for young people aged 16-21 years old
- fortnightly group on a Tuesday evening
- activities include cooking, sports or workshops
Our Thanet group is for disadvantaged or socially excluded young people in the Thanet area.
- meet every Monday night from 6.15-8pm
- is for young people aged 7-17 years
- is a positive and chilled environment where young people can socilise, play pool or engage in different sports such as football and tennis, learn life skills such as cooking, play computer games or simply have a chat with a mentor
Our Sittingbourne group is for disadvantaged or socially excluded young people in the Swale area.
- meet weekly in term time from 4.00-6.00pm
- is for young people aged 7-17 years old
- includes various activities including pool, games consoles, arts and crafts, plus so much more. The young people also have the opportunity to talk with a mentor if they wish
Young People's Choir
Our Young People’s Choir is for children in care and care leavers.
- meet weekly in Medway for rehearsals and social activities
- is led by a professional vocal coach (voluntary)
- is an all ability group offering support with emotional well-being, confidence, a support network, and development of new skills
Look out for our debut performance at Wembley Arena on March 19th 2020 as part of the Voices in a Million Concert!
To find out more about our groups contact us: email@example.com
What People Say
“I have the best time! There’s so many new things I’ve done and what’s nice is I’ve made new friends.” Josh, young person
“I’m so pleased I had the chance to go to Wales. Even with a massive fear of water, everyone helped me feel better about doing gorge walking and canoeing – and I did it! I’m so happy!” Ella, young person
“I have anxiety and depression but recently started taking part in the positive activities, which has given me the opportunity to boost my confidence and meet other people.” Pat, young person
“The groups are awesome and I always look forward to them!” Hannah, young person
Become a Leader
If you can volunteer as a youth activities leader then we want to hear from you
Join the Programme
Find out how to make an enquiry to join the positive activities programme
Read about our activities and what we have been up to